2014 WORKSHOP - KSC, FLORIDA - STUDENT SESSION
2014 INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP ON
ENVIRONMENT AND ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
“Increasing Space Mission Resiliency through Sustainability”
Being Held at:
NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, Florida - October 21-24, 2014
Student Invitation for Presentations
Graduate and Undergraduate Students are Encouraged to Participate
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and European partners, intend to raise awareness with students for the latest technologies, especially towards environmental and alternative energy strategies.
The workshop will provide opportunities for students to meet and work with students from universities and industries around the globe on projects related to:
- Aerospace Materials and Processes (hex chrome, lead-free solder, hydrazine projects, precision cleaning solvents replacement, launch structure coatings, etc)
- Use of Lifecycle Analysis (LCA) in aerospace and energy applications
- Facility Energy and Water supply solutions to provide critical facility resiliency including micro-grid and energy security
- Emerging renewable and alternative energy technologies
- Remediation technologies to apply to contaminated land and water resources
- *NASA will fund travel and lodging for 4 selected US students. US citizenship required.
- *ESA Education will support 2 European Students travel and accommodation expenses up to a maximum of 1,000€ per selected student.
- Please visit the ESA Education website for eligibility requirements:
- ESA Education
STUDENT ABSTRACT DEADLINE IS AUGUST 28, 2014
Participating students need to work with their advisors to submit abstracts and provide a poster of their project and research area. Abstracts should be less than 250 words. Abstracts need to be submitted to Michelle Lamb, workshop coordinator: email@example.com.
Abstracts will be evaluated by selected NASA personnel and University professors, and students will be notified if they qualify for presentation.
* Prepare presentation – Twenty minutes for your oral presentation
* Prepare poster for display - Posters will be tacked onto the wall – no larger than 36 X 48inches
For further information please contact Michelle Lamb at firstname.lastname@example.org .